Founded in Cambridge, Massachusetts in 1981 and now
exclusively on the web, Arsenic & Old Lace is devoted to providing quality
products and advice to the pagan community. We have become one of the best known occult
supply shops in New England and one of the most trusted places to get quality supplies.
Everything that we do is done personally by the
owner (Vinnie) or one of his trusted staff.
It is done on a small scale to guarantee quality. We strive to provide the best possible service for our customers.
If there is a product you are trying to find that you do not see on our site,
just ask. We may have it or be able to find it for you. Also, please read about
our membership benefits including monthly members-only specials and checkout
coupons for discounts off of your future purchases.
A bit about our history:
- In 1981 Arsenic & Old Lace opened in
Cambridge, MA. as a vintage clothing store that also specialized in
"greebly items" to excite and scare - think "Edward Gorey-esque".
- As time went on, the original owner became more interested in magick, shamanism, and witchcraft and the
store began to change. She began to add items like herb, oils, incense, jewelry, and hand-crafts.
- It soon morphed into a place where magickal practitioners could find items that they needed and wanted.
- In the 1994, Vinnie bought Arsenic & Old Lace.
As part of his magickal practice, he founded the first New England area Pagan Community Center as a community service outgrowth
of the store. It was a great success for hosting classes, open rituals and sabbat celebrations, sponsoring author
tours, and even boasting an intern from the Harvard Divinity School.
- In 1999, we closed our retail doors and have since evolved into an exclusively on-line only occult store
serving our customers with the same personalized attention that we did when we had a "brick-and-mortar" location.
- Being entirely on-line lets us reach a wider clientelle who have a voracious
appetite for learning about the ways of magick, the occult, witchcraft,
Paganism, and Wicca.
- We're now celebrating 27 years of being a staple of the Pagan and Wiccan
Thank you for visiting!